LISLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (6-19, 0-10 NACC) fell in straight sets on the road Friday evening to the Benedictine University Eagles (16-7, 6-4 NACC). The Regents hung tough with the Eagles for much of the evening but ultimately came up short, falling 25-18, 25-14 and 25-16.
- The Regents played very well throughout the opening set of the match.
- Rockford and Benedictine split the first eight points, with Rockford being led by a kill from Della Crain.
- The Eagles would then go on a bit of a run, pushing their lead to as many as six points at 16-10.
- However, Rockford answered right back with a 7-2 run of its own, to cut the Eagle lead back down to a single point. The RU offensive attack was led by a trio of kills from Della Crain and one kill each from Brooke Mirshak and Mackenzie Blizniak.
- Unfortunately, the Eagles closed the set by scoring seven of the final eight points for the 25-18 win.
- The second set was dominated by Benedictine from start to finish.
- The Eagles opened on a 16-3 run en route to taking the second set 25-14.
- Rockford played much better in the third and final set, but ultimately came up short at the end.
- The Regents and Eagles traded points in the opening moments, with Benedictine clinging to a 5-4 lead. Della Crain again led the Regents with a pair of kills during that span.
- Benedictine would push its lead up to as many as nine points at 15-6.
- Rockford answered back with a 5-0 run of its own to pull within four. Jessica Witkowski delivered a pair of services aces during the Regent run.
- Unfortunately, the Regents were unable to get any closer, as the Eagles used a 10-5 run to take the third set 25-16 and the match 3-0.
- Della Crain finished with a match-high 11 kills and 1 dig.
- Brooke Mirshak tied for the match-high with 12 digs, 2 kills and 1 ace.
- Alicia Puente led Rockford with a team-high 3 block assists.
The RU women's volleyball team concludes the home portion of its schedule on Saturday, October 26 against Marian University. The match has a scheduled start time of noon in the Seaver Center.