ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (6-13, 0-5 NACC) fell in three sets to Dominican University (13-5, 2-2 NACC). Rockford got off to a strong start in the first set keeping it close. Unfortunately, Dominican University proved superior as it took all three sets.
- The Stars quickly took a 6-2 lead off a service ace in the first set.
- The Regents went on a 6-3 point run with three big kills coming from Paige Carpenter and one kill coming from Mackenzie Blizniak to trail 9-8.
- Late in the first set Rockford tied Dominican 15-15 on a 6-3 point run. Della Crain hammered down a kill to contribute to the strong run, while Amelia Rehberg had a service ace.
- Rockford took a 22-21 lead.
- However, Rockford was not able to sustain the lead losing 25-23.
- The Stars jumped out to an early 7-3 lead in the second set.
- Rockford could not get much started as they found themselves down by ten with the score 19-9.
- Regents made an attempt to come back with Della Crain's enormous kill to make the score 23-16.
- But the Stars took set two, 25-17.
- The third set started with Dominican in front 5-1 until a kill from Della Crain made it 5-2.
- Dominican turned up the heat pulling away from the Regents, 19-6.
- Rockford was not able to keep up with Dominican's fast paced offense, losing the third set 25-8 and the match 3-0.
- Della Crain recorded 10 kills, 1 dig, and 1 block.
- Mackenzie Blizniak recorded 5 kills, 4 digs, and 1 block.
- Paige Carpenter recorded 4 kills and 5 digs.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to the court on Tuesday, October 8 at Concordia University Wisconsin. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM.