MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (6-11, 0-3 NACC) fell 3-0 on the road Wednesday evening in a hard-fought match against the MSOE Raiders (7-11, 2-1 NACC). Although the Regents were unable to win a set, Rockford continued to play better as the match went along. The Regents increased both their kills and points scored in each successive set. Unfortunately, it was not enough, as the Raiders came out on top, 25-13, 25-16 and 25-19.
- MSOE opened the match with a 12-5 run to take an early seven-point lead.
- Rockford battled right back though, scoring four of the next five points, to cut the Raider lead back down to just four. Paige Carpenter led the RU attack with a pair of kills over that span.
- Unfortunately, that is as close as Rockford would get, as MSOE used a 12-4 run to win the first set 25-13.
- The second set got off to a match better start, as the Regents jumped out to a quick 5-3 lead. Paige Carpenter and Nicole Eggers set the pace for the Regents with an ace and a kill.
- The set went back-and-forth over the next few points with Rockford and MSOE taking turns sharing the lead. Rockford would eventually build its lead to as many as three points, following a 5-0 run. Paige Carpenter and Jessica Witkowski each tallied kills during that span.
- Unfortunately, it was the Raiders who once again closed the set strong. MSOE scored 16 of the final 20 points to take the second set 25-16.
- The Regents came out in the third set playing perhaps their best volleyball of the night. Rockford scored the first point of the set and did not trail until midway through. Della Crain, Nicole Eggers, Alyssa Ashford and Paige Carpenter all recorded kills to put the Regents out in front 10-8.
- However, the Raiders once again took control during the middle portion of the third. MSOE used an 11-1 run to take their first lead of the set at 19-11.
- Rockford continued to fight and was able to pull back within four points at 23-19. The Regents got kills from Della Crain, Jessica Witkowski and Paige Carpenter down the stretch.
- Unfortunately, MSOE scored the next two points to win the third set 25-19 and the match 3-0.
- Paige Carpenter finished the match with a team-high 8 kills. She also added 7 digs, 1 ace and 1 assist.
- Della Crain added 7 kills.
- Brooke Mirshak had a team-high 8 digs and 2 assists.
- Jessica Witkowski had a nice all-around match with 16 assists, 7 digs, 4 kills and 1 ace.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to the court on Friday, October 4 at home against Illinois Tech. The match has a scheduled start time of 7 PM in the Seaver Center.