JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (0-4) dropped a pair of matches in straight sets on Saturday to MacMurray College (1-2) and Knox College (1-3) at the Illinois College Tournament. The Regents match against MacMurray was close in all three sets, with Rockford having a game point in the second set. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be, as the Highlanders came out victorious, 25-16, 27-25 and 25-20. Rockford's second match of the day against Knox was also close, but the Prairie Fire proved to be too much, winning the match 25-19, 25-18 and 25-17.
MacMurray College (25-16, 27-25 and 25-20)
- Play-by-play is not available for this match.
Knox College (25-19, 25-18, 25-17)
- Play-by-play is not available for this match
- Della Crain led the Rockford offensive attack with 9 kills, 1 service ace and 6 digs.
- Mackenzie Blizniak tallied 7 kills on just 17 attack attempts for an impressive .353 hitting percentage.
- Brooke Mirshak, Paige Carpenter and Jennifer Quintas all finished with a team-high 14 digs.
- Casey Sheetz tallied 15 assists and Jessica Witkowski had 13 assists.
- Paige Carpenter finished with a team-high 7 kills, 9 digs and 1 block assist.
- Brooke Mirshak tallied a season-high 24 digs and 1 service ace.
- Jennifer Quintas had 10 digs.
- Mackenzie Blizniak recorded 3 kills, 3 block assists and 1 dig.
The RU women's volleyball team opens the home portion of its schedule on Tuesday, September 3 against Beloit College. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM in the Seaver Center.