PLYMOUTH, Wis. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (4-18, 0-8 NACC) fell in straight sets on Friday evening on the road to the Lakeland University Muskies (14-7, 5-2 NACC). The Regents caught the Muskies at a bad time, as Lakeland entered the evening winning seven of its last eight matches and did not lose a set in any of the seven wins.
- The Muskies played extremely well in the opening two sets, recording 20 kills compared to just 1 attack error.
- Lakeland scored the first four points of the match and began the opening set on a 10-3 run.
- The Muskie lead hovered around seven points, until Lakeland closed the set on a 10-2 run to take the opening set 25-10.
- The second set followed a similar pattern, as Lakeland began on an 11-3 run to take control.
- The Muskies would build their lead to as many as 19 points, before ultimately winning the set 25-7.
- Fortunately Rockford was able to find its bearings in the third set.
- Rockford built itself an 8-5 lead in the early moments, thanks in part to a 4-0 run. Paige Carpenter (Phoenix, Ariz.) was a major factor during that span, as Rockford scored three straight points off her serve, including a pair of service aces.
- The Regents' lead hovered around three points until midway through the set when the Muskies used a 12-1 run to jump out to a 22-13 advantage.
- However the Regents continued to fight, scoring five of the next six points to get back within five at 23-18.
- Unfortunately it was not meant to be, as the Muskies scored the final two points of the set, for the 25-18 win.
- Emily Johannes (Eau Claire, Wis.) and Della Crain (Lena, Ill.) finished with 6 and 5 kills respectively.
- Jennifer Quintas (Rockford, Ill.) tallied 8 digs.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) recorded 15 assists.
The RU women's volleyball team will be back in action on Saturday, October 13 at Marian University. The match has a scheduled start time of 12:00 PM.