ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-17-1, 0-11-0 NACC) came up short on senior day, losing 7-0 to Benedictine University (5-9-2, 4-5-1 NACC). The Regents played tough in the first half, holding the Eagles to two goals. Unfortunately, the Eagles poured it on in the second half scoring five goals to win the match 7-0.
- The Eagles got things started in the first half by scoring a goal from 30 yards out in the 5th minute.
- Benedictine's second goal came in the 23rd minute, putting the Eagles up 2-0 going into the second half.
- The second half started with three quick goals by the Eagles in the 49th, 52nd, and 54th minute of the match, increasing the lead to 5-0.
- The Eagles did not let up, scoring two more goals in the 68th and 72nd minute to win 7-0.
- Kelly De Angioletti recorded 1 shot on goal.
- Amelia Harper recorded 20 saves and 90:00 minutes in goal.
The RU women's soccer team returns to the field for their final game on Tuesday, October 29 at Alverno College. The match has a scheduled start time of 3:30 PM.