AURORA, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-16-1, 0-10-0 NACC) fell 8-0 on the road Wednesday evening to the Aurora University Spartans (9-7-1, 7-2-1 NACC). The Regents did a good job holding the Spartans to three goals in the first half, before surrendering five in the second half. The highlight of the match for the Regents was once again Amelia Harper. Harper had an astounding 32 saves, which tied the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference single-game record. She now has 285 saves this season, which is a new NACC record.
- Alexis Abelove scored the first two goals of the match to give Aurora a 2-0 advantage just over 14 minutes into the first half.
- The Spartans added one additional goal in the 37th minute to take a 3-0 lead into halftime.
- Aurora's Maddison Moore scored just under two minutes into the second half, to extend the Spartan lead to 4-0.
- The Spartans added goals in the 65th, 70th, 88th and 89th minutes en route to an 8-0 win.
- Amelia Harper tied the NACC single-game record with 32 saves in the match. She now holds the NACC single-season record and leads the NCAA with 285 saves. With just two matches remaining, Harper is currently 38 saves ahead of the Hannah Rose, who is second in the country amongst NCAA Division III women's soccer players.
The RU women's soccer team returns to the field on Saturday, October 26 at home against Benedictine University. The match has a scheduled start time of 1:00 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.