ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-12-1, 0-6 NACC) fell to Marian University (4-7-0, 2-3 NACC) 8-0. The Regents had a hard time trying to stop the Sabres strong performance. However, Amelia Harper's 20 saves in goal puts her at 197 saves on the season breaking the Rockford University single season save record.
- Marian took a quick 2-0 lead in the first half with Shannon Coughlin finding the back of the net in the 14th minute of the match and Megan Harbeck contributing with a goal in the 15th minute of the match.
- The Sabres scored four more goals late in the first half to lead 6-0 going into the second half.
- Rockford came out sharp on defense in the second half only allowing two goals.
- The Sabres goals came in the 52nd and 74th minute of the second half to win the match 8-0.
- Amelia Harper recorded 20 saves, bringing her season total to 197 and breaking the single season saves record for Rockford University.
The RU women's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, October 9 at home against Illinois Tech. The match has a scheduled start time of 4:00 PM at Wedgbury Stadium, Mercyhealth Sportscore Two.