RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-10-1, 0-4 NACC) fell 4-0 on the road Tuesday afternoon to the Concordia University Chicago Cougars (1-7-2, 1-1-1 NACC). The Cougars took a 3-0 lead into the half, and then tacked on one more goal over the last 45 minutes en route to a 4-0 win.
- The first goal of the match came in the fifth minute when Rockford scored an own goal to give the Cougars a quick 1-0 lead.
- CUC's Gabriella Wagoner made it 2-0 in the 20th minute with her first goal of the season.
- The Cougars added one additional goal in the 39th minute to take a 3-0 advantage into the break.
- Concordia Chicago then extended its lead to 4-0 just over five minutes into the second half.
- Neither team was able to score over the final 40 minutes, as CUC won by a final score of 4-0.
- RU goalkeeper Amelia Harper continues to be a player to watch down the stretch run of the season. Harper tallied a career-high 27 saves in the match, which was just five shy of tying the NACC single-match record. She now leads the conference and is third in the NCAA with 154 saves on the season. With nine games remaining, Harper needs just 26 saves to break the Rockford University single-season saves record and 109 saves to break the NACC record.
The Rockford University women's soccer team begins a four-match home stint on Saturday, October 5 against Concordia University Wisconsin. The match has a scheduled start time of 11 AM at Wedgbury Stadium.