ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-8-1, 0-2 NACC) lost its second conference game 7-1 to Wisconsin Lutheran College (1-5-0, 1-0 NACC). The Regents fought hard in the first half, keeping it close with Wisconsin Lutheran leading 2-0 at the half. Rockford attempted to close the gap scoring early in the second half, but it would prove not enough as the Warriors went on to win 7-1.
- The Warriors took a 2-0 lead in the first half with Kendra Schumacher and Maggie Stebbins finding the back of the net.
- It was the Regents who started to make the climb in the second half with a goal by Alexis Keener, assisted from Jessivel Uribe to make it 2-1 in the 46th minute of the match.
- Unfortunately, Wisconsin Lutheran would score five more goals in the second half to put the Regents away 7-1.
- Alexis Keener had 1 goal, her first of the season.
- Jessivel Uribe recorded 1 assist.
- Amelia Harper had 12 saves on the night.
- The RU women's soccer team returns to action on the road Saturday, September 28 against Lakeland University. The match has a scheduled start time of 11:30 AM.