ROCKFORD, Ill. - Rockford University women's soccer (0-6-1) could not hold on to a 1-0 lead, losing at home 3-1 to Illinois College (5-2-0). It looked promising for the Regents controlling a 1-0 lead for some time in the first half. However, Illinois College answered with three goals. Illinois College first goal came in the first half, while the other two came in the second half. Rockford was not able to overcome the deficit, losing 3-1.
- Rockford took advantage of an own goal coming in the 34th minute of the first half, putting the Regents on top 1-0.
- Illinois College got on the board in the 44th minute of the first half from Kaylee Andrea drilling the top left corner of the net off an assist from Ashley Brokaw, tieing Rockford 1-1.
- Illinois College would find the back of the net again in the 46th minute with Kaylee Andrea's second goal of the game off her own rebound.
- The Lady Blues tacked on another goal in the 79th minute of the game by Jessica Schuetz coming off an assist from Olivia Dobbs.
- The Regents were not allowed another goal, losing the match 3-1.
- Amelia Harper made 16 saves in goal for the Regents.
- Alexis Keener, Jessivel Uribe, and Samantha Bergeron each recorded a shot on goal.
- The RU women's soccer team returns to action at home on Tuesday, September 24 against Dominican to start NACC play. The match has a scheduled start time of 5 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.