BELOIT, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-5-1) was shutout 6-0 on the road Wednesday afternoon by the Beloit College Buccaneers (1-5-0). It was a tough day for the Regents, as they fell behind early and were never able to recover. The Buccaneers scored three goals in the first 13 minutes en route to a 5-0 lead in at the half. Beloit added one more goal midway through the second half to secure the 6-0 win.
- The first goal of the match came in the fourth minute when Makenna Downing found the back of the net to give the Bucs a 1-0 lead.
- The Buccaneers added goals in both the 12th and 13th minutes to extend their lead to 3-0.
- Beloit's Midori Tanada and Kaitlyn Erickson each tallied goals over the remainder of the half to make it a 5-0 lead at the break.
- Erickson then scored her second goal of the match midway through the second half to lead the Bucs to a 6-0 victory.
- Amelia Harper made eight saves in goal for the Regents.
- Alexis Keener and Misha St. Michael each recorded a shot.
- The RU women's soccer team returns to action at home on Sunday, September 22 against Illinois College. The match has a scheduled start time of 2 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.