APPLETON, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-2-1) fell 5-0 on the road Friday evening to the Lawrence University Vikings (2-1-0). Rockford was never really able to get anything going, as the Regents fell behind 2-0 midway through the first half. The Vikings would add three more goals in the second half for the 5-0 win.
- The match remained scoreless until the 26th minute when Lawrence's Samantha Tolu found the back of the net to give her team a 1-0 lead.
- The Vikings made it a 2-0 game less than three minutes later, after Jackie Blake scored off an assist from Natalya Harp.
- The score remained unchanged until the second half when Samantha Tolu scored a pair of goals to complete the hat-trick and put the Vikings out in front 4-0.
- Lawrence added one more goal late in the match en route to the 5-0 win.
- Rockford's Amelia Harper made 12 saves on the 15 shots she faced during her 67:52 in goal.
The RU women's soccer team returns to the field on Thursday, September 12 at Maranatha Baptist University. The match has a scheduled start time of 1:45 PM.