MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-1-1) earned a hard fought 1-1 tie on the road Saturday afternoon with the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers (0-0-1). Today's match was the second in less than 24 hours for the Regents, as the ladies played yesterday evening at Monmouth College. However, Rockford showed no signs of tiring, as the Regents battled hard all match long to earn their first draw of the season.
- Statistically the match was very even. Iowa Wesleyan held small edges in both shots, 11-8 and shots on goal, 8-4. However, the Regents had a slight advantage in corner kicks, 4-2.
- Rockford's Jessivel Uribe broke the scoreless tie in the 33rd minute, when she found the back of the net for Rockford's first goal of the season.
- The Regents continued to hold their lead through the remainder of the first half, as Rockford took a 1-0 advantage into the break.
- However, the Tigers came out strong in the second half, as Emmy Rodriguez knotted the match at 1-1 with her first goal of the season in the 53rd minute.
- Each team had a pair of shots on goal over the final 37 minutes, but both keepers were up to the task, as the match ended in a 1-1 tie.
- Jessivel Uribe finished with a team-high five shots, scored her first goal of the season and the sixth goal of her collegiate career.
- Freshman Amelia Harper was magnificent in goal for the Regents. Harper finished with 7 saves including two crucial saves down the stretch in the second half.
- Alexis Kenner also tallied two shots, both of which came on goal.
The Rockford University women's soccer team returns to action on Friday, September 6 at Lawrence University. The match has a scheduled start time of 6:00 PM in the Banta Bowl.