ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (0-1) lost its home opener 78-43 to Eureka College (1-0). The Regents struggled to find a groove in its loss Friday night. However, after missing the majority of last season due to injury, Neve Yerk started right where she left off recording a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Emily Cox also showed great promise for the Regents, recording 14 points on the night.
- The first quarter got off to a rocky start with Eureka scoring the first 17 points.
- Neve Yerk got the Regents started when she drained a three point basket to make the score 17-3.
- Eureka scored four more points to end the first quarter, 21-4.
- The Red Devils controlled the second quarter with the score 34-14 going into the second half.
- After some scoring opportunities in the third quarter by Lexy Perez and Neve Yerk, the Regents were able to close the gap with a score of 39-20.
- Unfortunately, Eureka regained control ending the third quarter, 52-31.
- Rockford struck first in the fourth quarter with a made jumper by Neve Yerk, the score 52-33.
- Rockford was unable to gain ground on the Red Devils, losing 78-43.
- Neve Yerk recorded a double-double, having 16 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, and 3 blocks on the night.
- Emily Cox recorded 14 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 steals.
The Rockford University women's basketball team returns to the court on Tuesday, November 12 at home against Concordia University Chicago. Tip-off is set for 7:00 PM.