WEST ALLIS, Wis. - The Rockford University cross country programs returned to the course on Saturday to compete in the 2019 NACC Championships at Greenfield Park. Rockford was very familiar with the course, as the Regents ran in a meet there almost exactly one month ago today. The RU women's team placed 11th on Saturday with multiple strong individual performances, while the men's team did not record a team score.
Women's Results - 6k
- The 2019 NACC Women's Cross Country Championship had 103 runners complete the 6k race and 12 schools posting a team score.
- Rockford University finished 11th with a team score of 309, and was just three points behind the tenth place school.
- Kellie Frerichs was the highest finisher for the women's team. Frerichs placed 47th and crossed the finish line in 29:23.5.
- Jessica Kearns ran in her first 6k as a Regent on Saturday. Kearns finished 61st with a time of 31:07.9.
- Annabelle Stefanic also ran well. Stefanic completed the race in 32:48.8 to place 76th.
- Maddy Pearson was the next highest finisher for the Regents. Pearson completed the 6k in 35:02.3 and placed 89th.
- Natalia Kucharczyk was the final female participant for Rockford. Kucharczyk finished 95th and crossed the finish line 36:47.7.
Men's Results - 8k
- The 2019 NACC Men's Cross Country Championship featured 77 runners and had ten schools record a team score.
- Antoine Callebaut had yet another strong showing for the Regents. Despite difficult weather conditions, Callebaut ran his second fastest time in the 8k this season. Callebaut crossed the finish line in 31:58.3 and finished in 42nd place.
The Rockford University cross country teams conclude their seasons in two weeks at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional.