EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The RU cross country teams concluded their seasons on Saturday afternoon at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional. The Midwest Regional is one of the largest and most competitive events the Regents took part in this year. Some of the top schools across the country took part in the race on Saturday with a total of 255 participants in the women's race and 253 runners in the men's race. Rockford had a total of five individuals compete between the men's and women's teams combined.
- Senior Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) had the top performance of any Regent on Saturday. Werkheiser completed the 8k race in 28:59.3 to finish in 200th place.
- Fellow senior Cristan Newton (Shreveport, La.) crossed the finish line 30:38.8 to place 234th.
- Junior Nick Noel (Loves Park, Ill.) finished 247th with a time of 36:02.1.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) placed 252nd and crossed the finish line in 38:49.8.
- Elizabeth Lisenby (Kasilof, Alaska) was the lone Regent to compete on the women's side. Lisenby finished the 6k race in 33:39.5 to finish in 254th place.