KENOSHA, Wis. - The Rockford University indoor track and field teams competed at their penultimate meet of the season on Friday at the Carthage College Final Qualifier. The Regents had eight individuals compete, setting four new personal records, including one school record. Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.), Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill) and Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) all set at least one new personal best, with Ashford also breaking her own school record in the 55 meter hurdles.
- Alyssa Ashford tallied a pair of top five finishes, set two personal records and one school record on Friday. Ashford finished second in the 55 meter dash with a personal best time of 8.04 seconds. Her time was just 0.26 seconds away from the current school record. She also placed fifth in the 55 meter hurdles and broke her own school record by 0.23 seconds when she crossed the finish line in 9.79 seconds.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) finished fifth in the shot put with a throw of 11.91 meters. With just one meet remaining, Terry will need to improve her season best throw from last week (12.56 meters) to at least 13.51 meters in order to have a chance to qualify for Nationals.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) placed 12th in the weight throw with a distance of 13.22 meters.
- Tommy Brown set a new personal best in the shot put and finished 11th with a throw of 13.47 meters. Brown's throw was the third farthest in the NACC this season and just 0.33 meters away from the RU school record. Brown also finished 15th in the weight throw with a distance of 11.87 meters.
- Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) finished 11th in the weight throw with a season best distance of 13.91 meters. Johnson's throw was the fourth farthest in the NACC this year and just 0.21 meters away from his own school record.
- Devon Lawrence set a new personal best in the weight throw and finished 17th with a distance of 11.59 meters. He also placed 17th in the shot put with a throw of 10.54 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) finished fourth and set a new season best in the 400 meter race with a time of 52.77 seconds.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) finished 20th in the shot put and 22nd in the weight throw with respective distances of 8.93 meters and 9.38 meters.
Select members of the RU indoor track and field teams will conclude the season on Saturday, March 2 at the Pointer Final Qualifier.