CHICAGO, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (6-12-1, 3-7 NACC) fell 5-1 on the road Saturday afternoon to the Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks (7-10-1, 3-6-1 NACC). The Scarlet Hawks got off to a fast start with two goals in the opening 13 minutes of the match. Rockford responded with a goal in the 21st minute, but the Scarlet Hawks added a goal in the 40th minute to take a 3-1 lead into the half. Illinois Tech tacked on two more goals in the second half en route to a 5-1 win.
- The Scarlet Hawks were on the attack all match long, outshooting Rockford 23-9 including an 11-1 edge in shots on goal. However, a lot of that can be attributed to the Regents playing down a man for the vast majority of the match.
- Illinois Tech struck first just over seven minutes into the match, when Peter Fouchet found the back of the net, to give the Scarlet Hawks a 1-0 lead.
- Illinois Tech extended its lead to 2-0 at the 12:32 mark off a Michael Kaczowka goal.
- Despite being down 2-0 early in the match, Rockford continued to battle. Ryan Munch scored his team-leading eighth goal of the season in the 21st minute, to cut the Illinois Tech lead in half, at 2-1.
- Unfortunately, the Scarlet Hawks added a goal late in the first half to take a 3-1 advantage into the break.
- The second half belonged to the Scarlet Hawks, as they added goals in the 53rd and 82nd minutes en route to a 5-1 win.
- Ryan Munch scored his team-leading eighth goal of the season. Munch's eight goals are currently tied for 11th most in the NACC this year.
- Simeon Adesina, Saeed Alqahtani and Carlos Montes each had two shots.
The RU men's soccer team concludes its season next Wednesday, October 30 at Benedictine University. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM.