ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (6-11-1, 3-6-0 NACC) put on a show for senior night, winning 4-1 over Edgewood College (6-10-1, 3-6-0 NACC). The Regents were fired up with goals coming from Carlos Montes, Cruz Marquez, and Caleb Warmbier to aid in the 4-1 victory. Rockford had some help from the Eagles on an own goal, while the Eagles scored a goal of their own but was not enough.
- Rockford's first scoring opportunity came early in the 13th minute of the match, when Carlos Montes blasted a 30 yard shot for a goal to put the Regents on top 1-0.
- A mishap by Edgewood led to an own goal, increasing the Regents lead to 2-0.
- Rockford's Cruz Marquez found the back of the net off a penalty kick, propelling the Regents to a 3-0 score just before the second half.
- Edgewood closed the gap in the second half with a goal in the 59th minute of the match, 3-1.
- The Regents added some breathing room late, when Caleb Warmbier scored in the 88th minute off a rebounded header from Ryan Munch.
- Rockford ran away with the 4-1 victory.
- Cruz Marquez recorded 1 goal, 2 shots, and 1 shot on goal.
- Carlos Montes recorded 1 goal, 2 shots, and 2 shots on goal.
- Caleb Warmbier recorded 1 goal, 1 shot, and 1 shot on goal.
- Ryan Munch recorded 1 assist, 1 shot, and 1 shot on goal.
- Francesco Martincig improved to 6-11-1 with 4 saves and 90:00 in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to the field on Saturday, October 26 at Illinois Tech. The match has a scheduled start time of 3:30 PM.