ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (5-11-1, 2-6 NACC) showed tremendous effort tonight in the 2-0 win over Marian University (4-10-1,1-7-0 NACC). Rockford displayed extreme focus and high energy in its shutout win over the Sabres. Ryan Munch was able to get it done for the Regents, with a powerful strike towards the back of the net to be the deciding goal in the first half. Ivan Montes took advantage of a penalty kick in the second half to put the Sabres out of reach.
- Rockford struck in the 18th minute when Ryan Munch found the back of the net off an assist from Carlos Montes to make it a 1-0 match.
- The Regents were able to hold the Sabres with a score of 1-0 going into the second half.
- A crucial foul committed by the Sabres led to a penalty kick by Rockford's Ivan Montes in the 72nd minute. Ivan Montes scored his first goal of the season and first as a Regent as the ball ended up in the bottom right corner. Rockford increased the lead 2-0.
- An impressive showing on defense and intense hustle in goal for the Regents, shut down Marian's offense.
- Rockford came out victorious, 2-0.
- Ivan Montes recorded his first career goal as a Regent, as well as 2 shots and 1 shot on goal.
- Ryan Munch recorded 1 goal, 4 shots, and 2 shots on goal.
- Francesco Martincig recorded 5 saves and 90:00 in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to the field on Wednesday, October 23 for their final home match against Edgewood College. The match has a scheduled start time of 7 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.