MILWUAKEE, Wis. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (4-8-1, 1-3-0) was shutout 1-0 on the road Saturday afternoon at Wisconsin Lutheran College (6-4-0, 2-2-0 NACC). The Regents and Warriors were locked in tight, hard-fought match all afternoon long. Rockford outshot Wisconsin Lutheran 14-12; however, the Warriors held a slight 6-3 edge in shots on goal. Unfortunately, it was the Warriors who broke through with a goal midway through the first half, and then held on for the 1-0 win.
- Rockford had the first scoring opportunity of the match in the 11th minute. Freshman Caleb Warmbier tallied the match's first shot on goal, but was denied by the Wisconsin Lutheran keeper.
- Just over eight minutes later, the Warriors scored the first goal of the match. Wisconsin Lutheran's Alex Rivera headed the ball into the lower left corner of the net off a WLC corner kick.
- The Regents tallied two more shots on goal early on in the second half.
- The first was a header by Ryan Munch and the second a shot by Simeon Adesina. Unfortunately, Rockford came up empty on both attempts.
- The Warriors had a chance to add to their lead in the 77th minute, when they were awarded a penalty kick.
- However, RU goalie Francesco Martincig came up with the huge save to keep it a one-goal match.
- Unfortunately, Rockford was unable to score for the remainder of the match and fell 1-0.
- Simeon Adesina finished with a team-high four shots, including one shot on goal.
- Cruz Marquez tallied three shots.
- Ryan Munch and Caleb Warmbier each had two shots, including one shot on goal.
- Francesco Martincig made five saves in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to the field on Wednesday, October 9 at home against Concordia University Chicago. The match has a scheduled start time of 7 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.