RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (4-7-1, 1-2 NACC) fell 4-0 on the road Wednesday afternoon to the two-time defending NACC Tournament Champion Dominican University Stars (7-2-2, 3-0 NACC). Despite what the final score might indicate, the match was well within reach for much of the afternoon. Dominican led just 1-0 at halftime and only 2-0 after 59 minutes of play. The Stars would eventually pull away with a pair of goals over the final eight minutes en route to a 4-0 victory.
- Dominican struck first in the 19th minute when Randall Pietrowski found the back of the net, to give the Stars an early 1-0 advantage.
- The Regents had a chance to tie the match with less than three minutes left in the half, when Saeed Alqahtani took Rockford's only shot on goal. Unfortunately, the Dominican goalie came up with save, as the Stars took a 1-0 lead into the break.
- The match began to turn in Dominican's favor in the second half. The Stars took a 2-0 lead in the 59th minute off a penalty kick goal.
- Dominican then added goals in the 83rd and 84th minutes to seal the 4-0 victory.
- Saeed Alqahtani finished with one shot and one shot on goal.
- Alonzo Carrillo had one shot.
- Francesco Martincig recorded four saves during his 90 minutes in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to action on Saturday, October 5 at Wisconsin Lutheran College. The match has a scheduled start time of 1 PM.