PLYMOUTH, Wis. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (4-6-1, 1-1 NACC) picked up an easy 4-0 road win on Saturday at the Lakeland University Muskies (3-7-1, 0-2 NACC). Rockford was never really threatened in the match and was in control from start to finish. The Regents outshot the Muskies 20-6 including a huge 11-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- Rockford got on the board first in the 23rd minute when Alonzo Carrillo beat the Muskie keeper to put the Regents out in front 1-0. Carrillo was assisted on the play by Cruz Marquez.
- Senior Ryan Munch then made it a 2-0 game just over a minute later with an unassisted goal.
- The score remained unchanged until early in the second half, when Ryan Munch scored his second goal of the match. He took the ball away from the defender and promptly beat the keeper to extend Rockford's lead to 3-0.
- Rockford's Saeed Alqahtani put the match away in the 68th minute with his first goal of the season, as the Regents cruised to the 4-0 victory.
- Ryan Munch led the offensive attack with a pair of goals. Munch currently leads the team and is tied for second in the NACC with six goals. He also leads the Regents with 13 points, which is tied for fourth in the conference.
- Saeed Alqahtani scored his first goal of the season on Saturday.
- Alonzo Carrillo scored what turned out to be the game-winning goal off an assist from Cruz Marquez.
- Goalkeeper Francesco Martincig made two saves and recorded his second shutout of the season.
The RU men's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, October 2 at Dominican University. The match has a scheduled start time of 4:00 PM.