MEQUON, Wis. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (3-6-1. 0-1 NACC) dropped its NACC opener 6-1 on Wednesday afternoon at Concordia University Wisconsin (7-1-0, 1-0 NACC). The Falcons were in control for the vast majority of the match. Concordia Wisconsin outshot Rockford 21-10, including a 10-5 edge in shots on goal. CUW scored a trio of goals in the opening 45 minutes to take a 3-0 lead into the break. The Falcons then outscored the Regents 3-1 in the second half en route to the 6-1 win.
- The Falcons broke the scoreless tie in the 14th minute, when Ivan Cuellar found the back of the net to give the Falcons a 1-0 lead.
- The Regents had a couple of chances to answer back with a goal of their own over the next 17 minutes. Simeon Adesina fired a pair of shots on goal in the 18th and 31st minutes, but unfortunately both were stopped by the CUW keeper.
- Concordia Wisconsin then closed the half with two goals over the final ten minutes to take a 3-0 lead into the break.
- The Falcons came out clicking on all cylinders in the second half. CUW scored twice in the first eleven minutes to extend its lead to 5-0.
- Rockford was finally able to break through with a goal of its own in the 61st minute. Carlos Montes scored his third goal of the season off an assist from Armando Trujillo.
- CUW tacked on one final goal late in the match en route to a 6-1 victory.
- Carlos Montes scored the Regents' lone goal of the match. Montes finished with 3 shots, including 2 shots on goal.
- Simeon Adesina tallied 3 shots, 2 of which were on goal.
- Kenneth Lauderdale had a pair of shots on goal.
The RU men's soccer team hits the road again on Saturday, September 28 at Lakeland University. The match has a scheduled start time of 2:00 PM.