Rockford, Ill. - The Rockford University football team (1-5, 0-2 NACC) lost 76-21 to Lakeland (3-3, 2-1 NACC). The Regents struggled to contain the muskies. Rockford found a groove late in the fourth quarter, scoring three touchdowns. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done.
- Lakeland showed a strong defense by getting a safety for the first points of the game to lead 2-0.
- The Muskies drove the ball 57 yards for their last drive of the first quarter, scoring a touchdown and extra point to make the score 9-0.
- The second quarter started with another touchdown for Lakeland. A 27 yard pass to Christian Chatman finished off a 44 yard drive to put the Muskies up 16-0.
- Lakeland scored three more times in the second quarter without allowing a scoring drive for the Regents. The first came off of an interception return for a touchdown, the second came off a 52 yard run on the first play of the drive, and the third came from a two yard run completing a 49 yard drive. Muskies lead 37-0.
- It was a rough start to the third quarter, as the muskies scored on five possession out of their six, increasing the lead to 69-0.
- The fourth quarter looked promising for the Regents, scoring on their first possesion. Delayno Mack completing a 33 yard pass to Joey Owens for the Touchdown, Gerardo Zamudio's extra point attempt was good for a score of 69-7.
- Rockford was able to stop the Muskies and score in its next possession, scoring in back-to-back possessions. Christian Mazurkiewicz completed a seven yard pass to Maurice Williams for a Regents touchdown, the score 69-13 after a failed extra point attempt.
- A fumble recovered by Jallen Bashford led to another Regents scoring drive. Christian Mazurkiewicz and Maurice Williams combined for 18 yards on two plays, scoring on the second play. LaVar Johnson Jr. two-point conversion was good to bring the score to 69-21.
- Just as Rockford was making a valiant come back, it was taken away when Lakeland intercepted a pass for a 43 yard touchdown.
- With the extra point attempt being good, the Muskies went on to defeat the Regents 76-21.
- Christian Mazurkiewicz completed 11 out of 20 passes for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- LaVar Johnson Jr. recorded 12 carries for 66 yards.
- Joey Owens had 63 yards receiving and 1 touchdown.
- Maurice Williams had 48 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns.
- Jallen Bashford had a total of 19 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.
- Jamal Seymore Jr. had 4 tackles with 1 interception.
The RU football team is on the road Saturday, October 26 to face Aurora University. Kickoff is set for 1 PM.