ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University football team (1-3, 0-1 NACC) fell 27-13 in its first home game against Wisconsin Lutheran College (1-3, 1-0 NACC). Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out in front, scoring in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. Rockford answered with a scoring drive of their own coming in the second quarter to tie it at 7-7. The Warriors scored two more times late in the second quarter to take the lead 21-7. Feeling the pressure, Rockford put together another scoring drive in the third quarter to trail 21-13. Unfortunately, Wisconsin Lutheran closed the door by scoring in the fourth quarter, taking the win 27-13.
- Wisconsin Lutheran scored on its third possession to take a quick 7-0 lead.
- Rockford answered on its first drive of the second quarter with Chris Hammonds rushing for 12 yards, while Tyler Burnham rushed for four yards and a pass completion to Kalan Miller for 12 yards. LaVar Johnson Jr. got it done with a 19 yard rush followed by a three yard rush punching it into the end-zone. Gerardo Zamudio tacked on the extra point to tie it 7-7 .
- The Warriors were able to get into the end-zone on the very next possession converting on third and fourth down regaining control with a lead of 14-7.
- After a quick turnover on downs for the Regents, the Warriors were able to capitalize on their next drive before the second quarter ended. The Warriors passing game propelled them to a 21-7 lead.
- The Regents came out at the half hungry and scored with their second possession of the third quarter closing the gap, but still trailing 21-13. Rockford converted on three of its third downs with the third one leading to a touchdown. Chris Hammonds combined for 16 rushing yards during this drive. LaVar Johnson Jr. rushed for a total of 14 yards during this drive, mowing down defenders in the process. A seven yard pass from Tyler Burnham to Kalan Miller for a touchdown was the outcome of the drive.
- Unfortunately, Wisconsin Lutheran scored for the final time for its third possession of the fourth quarter to increase the lead to 27-13. The Regents were not able to come back from the deficit, losing 27-13.
- Tyler Burnham went 14-27 for 170 passing yards with 1 touchdown.
- LaVar Johnson Jr. had 28 carries equalling 113 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Kalan Miller had 5 receptions for 69 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Stephen Santeramo had 5 tackles and 1 interception.
- Jallen Bashford had 14 tackles.
The RU football team returns to action on Saturday, October 12 at Benedictine University. Kickoff is set for 1:00 PM.