Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
What is SAAC
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents the Division III student-athlete voice in the Division III governance structure by reviewing legislation, identifying significant student-athlete issues, implementing national student-athlete based initiatives, encouraging community outreach and enhancing Division III student-athlete involvement in and the understanding of Division III in general. The SAAC is also the committee that is primarily responsible for maintaining and coordinating the division’s nationwide partnership with Special Olympics. Student-athletes have a voice in the NCAA through advisory committees at the campus, conference and national level. Each committee is made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that impact student-athletes' lives on campus.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Functions
- Promote communication between athletic administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department's formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletic program involving all athletic teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
2019-20 Rockford University SAAC Officers
Rockford University SAAC Twitter Handle: