Seaver Physical Education Center
The Seaver Physical Education Center is located on the campus of Rockford University and hosts all of the Regents home basketball and volleyball events. In addition to the main competition gym, the building also houses a weight room, fitness center, athletic training room, multiple locker rooms and an auxiliary gymnasium. The auxiliary gym doubles as a recreational space for everyone on campus to enjoy, featuring two basketball hoops and a court, a volleyball net and a court and three drop down batting cages. The upstairs of the building was recently renovated to create multiple lounges and a space for strength and conditioning.
The building is also home to the Rockford University Physical Education department. The space features multiple classrooms and offices for students and faculty to enjoy.
Regular building hours are available via the "Seaver Facility Hours" link below and are at the bottom of the page. Holiday and break hours are available at the bottom of the page during the appropriate times of the year.
All Rockford University students, faculty, staff, and alumni with proper photo identification, may use the Seaver Center facilities during recreation hours.
All Rockford University community members may have up to two guests check in at the front desk of Seaver Center. All guests must remain with the Rockford University community member when entering the building. The guest is the responsibility of the host and must leave when their host leaves.
Facility Use Policies:
- All Rockford University Community members must show their ID when entering the building.
- Appropriate attire for use of Seaver Center includes shirt, shorts/sweats, and shoes. Everyone must wear a shirt. Personal items such as coats and backpacks should be stored neatly along the wall of the weight room.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the main gym. Any non-marking shoe is acceptable. Spikes and cleats are not permitted throughout the building.
- Eating, drinking, and the consumption of tobacco products are not permitted in Seaver Center.
- Hanging on basketball rims is not permitted.
- Users of machines in the Fitness Center must wipe down machines after use.
- Users of machines in the Fitness Center should return the treadmills to a 0 incline when usage is complete.
- During times of high usage, please be considerate and keep your usage time to 30 minutes.
- Please replace the weight plates, weight pins and dumbbells to their original location.
- Please replace safety bars and put back benches when your usage is complete.
- Personal speakers are not allowed. Please use headphones.
- No propping of any door at Seaver Center.
Fall Break Hours (October 16-20, 2019)
Wednesday, October 16: 7 AM – 7 PM
Thursday, October 17: 7 AM – 7 PM
Friday, October 18: 7 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, October 19: Closed
Sunday, October 20: Closed
Finals' Week Hours (December 8-15, 2019)
Sunday, December 8: 12 PM - 10 PM
Monday, December 9: 8 AM - 10 PM
Tuesday, December 10: 8 AM - 10 PM
Wednesday, December 11: Closed (Due to the move of the fitness/weight room)
Thursday, December 12: Closed (Due to the move of the fitness/weight room)
Friday, December 13: Closed (Due to the move of the fitness/weight room)
Winter Break Hours (December 16, 2019 - January 20, 2020) - Closed on Weekends
December 16-20: 10 AM - 5 PM
December 23-27: Closed
December 30 - January 3: 10 AM - 5 PM
January 6-10: 10 AM - 5 PM
January 13-17: 10 AM - 5 PM
January 20: 10 AM - 10 PM
Normal Hours Resume January 21st
Regular Seaver Facility Schedule
|Seaver Facility||12 PM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-8 PM||10 AM-5 PM|
|Competition Gym||12 PM-10 PM||7 PM-10 PM||7 PM-10 PM||7 PM-10 PM||7 PM-10 PM||7 PM-8 PM||10 AM-5 PM|
|Auxiliary Gym||12 PM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-8 PM||10 AM-5 PM|
|Weight Room||12 PM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-8 PM||10 AM-5 PM|
|Fitness Center||12 PM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-10 PM||6 AM-8 PM||10 AM-5 PM|
Facility availability is subject to change for contests, practices, college breaks and special events throughout the year. All changes will be posted at the building entrances and/or affected areas. We will also work to have all changes posted on the portal. Please note that athletic teams have priority and typically practice and/or occupy the weight room from 3-5 PM.