JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-3-0) fell 7-2 on the road to the Illinois College Lady Blues (2-3-0) Sunday afternoon. The match was close through the first half, as Rockford only trailed 2-0 heading into the intermission. Unfortunately the Lady Blues scored a trio of goals in the first 14 minutes of the second half to break the match wide open. The Regents were able to add two goals of their own, but it was not enough as Illinois College went on to win by a 7-2 final.
- Illinois College broke the scoreless tie in the 20th minute on a goal by Mychaela Bennett.
- The Lady Blues would take a 2-0 lead into halftime after Ashley Brokaw found the back of the net in the 34th minute.
- Illinois College would extend its lead to 4-0 before the Regents answered with two goals in a three-minute span.
- The first goal came off the foot of Annie Harris (Machesney Park, Ill.) on a penalty kick.
- Rockford's second goal of the match came exactly three minutes later when Marion Adelson (Tournan-en-Brie, France) dribbled through a host of defenders, and then found the back of the net for her first goal of the season.
- Unfortunately Illinois College would tack on two more goals late in the match to secure the 7-2 win.
- The Regents were very efficient offensively scoring a pair of goals on just three shot attempts.
- Annie Harris scored her third goal of the season.
- Marion Adelson was the other Regent to find the back of the net on Sunday, scoring her first collegiate goal.
The RU women's soccer team will conclude its five-game road trip to open the season on Wednesday, September 12 at Dominican University. The match has a scheduled start time of 4:00 PM.