ROCK ISLAND, Ill. - Following a week off, the Rockford University cross country teams returned to competition on Friday afternoon at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational. The women's 6k and men's 8k races were both highly competitive, featuring 324 and 330 participants respectively. Unfortunately Rockford was unable to record a team score in either the men's or women's race, but did have some nice individual performances.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) was the top performer for Rockford on Friday. Werkheiser finished 180th with a time of 28:47.7.
- Cristan Newton (Shreveport, La.) placed 245th with a season-best time of 30:33.3.
- Nick Noel (Loves Park, Ill.) crossed the finish line in 37:50.2 to place 320th.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) set a new personal best in the 8k and finished 323rd with a time 39:35.3.
- Elizabeth Lisenby (Kasilof, Alaska) crossed the finish line in 33:45.8 to place 308th.
- Erin Null (Rockford, Ill.) set a new personal best in the 6k and placed 322nd with a time of 45:12.5.
The RU cross country teams return to action next Saturday, September 29 at the Dan Huston Invite. The meets have a scheduled start time of 10:30 AM at Wartburg College.