ROCKFORD, Ill. - Rockford's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is looking to make an impact in our community by participating in the Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference's Cans Across the Conference initiative.
SAAC needs your help! We are inviting all members of the RU campus and community to donate cans and non-perishable items. RU SAAC will be donating all collected items to the Rock River Valley Food Pantry at the conclusion of the collection period.
Here's how it works:
Items can be donated directly to the Athletic Department (lower level of Burpee) or placed in collections bins at the following locations:
- Burpee Main lobby
- Scarborough Main lobby
- Starr Science Main entrance (2nd floor)
To make it fun, this will be a campus-wide competition to see which campus group can donate the most cans by November 27 (5 pm).
- Donations that should be counted towards a specific group should be labeled/bagged with that group's name.
- Items not labeled/bagged will not be able to attached to a specific group
- Items will be counted individually
- Cash (only) donations will be used to purchase items that will be counted toward a group total (Bring cash donations to Cory Espensen or Dawn Nailor in Athletics)
The group who donates the most items will receive a gift card to the Restaurant of Your Choice*
(Amount will be based on the number of items donated)